Smog Check In Santa Maria- Gold Shield Certified
Licensed to test, repair and certify gross polluters.
If you’re looking for quality, efficiency, and a great low price, choose Main Street Shell Service for your next smog check in Santa Maria.
- Main Street Shell Service is a certified Gold Shield station and is also authorized to offer the Consumer Assistance Program which provides financial assistance for smog related repairs.
- You can find the download link for the C.A.P. application at the bottom of this page.
- Main Street Shell Service is proud to be your fast, efficient choice for smog tests in Santa Maria.
- Smog inspections are available 6 days a week, Monday through Saturday.
- Stop by or give us a call at 347-0076 to make an appointment.
- Don’t forget to check out our discount page for smog check coupons and more.
It is a well known fact that smog pollution in the state of California is a major concern, especially in larger cities like Los Angeles and Bakersfield. In an effort to reduce the amount of harmful emissions produced by the millions of cars and trucks on California roadways, a bi-annual smog check is required for most vehicles. California smog check standards are some of the toughest around and are continuously being revised and updated. Smog checks consist of an emissions test and a functional test of the vehicle.
During the emissions test, the vehicle’s hydrocarbon and carbon dioxide levels are measured to ensure they do not exceed the maximum allowable limits. The functional test checks all the different smog related systems and their components for correct installation and also to ensure there are no illegal after market parts installed on the vehicle.
A “check engine” or “service engine soon” light
is also a cause for concern which will need to be diagnosed and repaired before a passing score can be submitted to the DMV. Some vehicles have such high emissions that they are labeled as “gross polluters”. If your vehicle has been classified as a gross polluter, you will be required to have a smog check performed at a “Gold Shield” station.