If your vehicle is in need of an engine coolant flush in Santa Maria, contact Main Street Shell Service right away! You may not realize it, but the engine cooling system breaks down more than any other mechanical system found on cars and trucks. Most of the time these costly breakdowns are the result of ignorance or neglect. Did you know that the amount of heat produced by a vehicle engine can reach temperatures as high as 4,500 degrees fahrenheit? It’s pretty obvious that the cooling system is one of the most important systems to maintain since it literally saves your engine from melting.
There are many important parts that make up the cooling system such as the radiator, freeze plugs, water pump, cooling fans, and more. There is also one essential fluid that runs through nearly all of these components commonly known as radiator fluid, coolant, or antifreeze. Just like any other fluid, engine coolant can break down over time and needs to be replaced periodically. Engine coolant contains chemical additives that prevent rust, corrosion, and blockages throughout the cooling system. As the fluid breaks down over time, these chemical additives lose their potency which can make your vehicle’s cooling system susceptible to damage and overheating.
A radiator flush, or coolant flush will not only provide a complete fluid exchange, but will also utilize a concentrated cleaning detergent that will break down and remove harmful residues that have built up inside the cooling system. A special conditioning fluid is also added which prevents rust and other harmful contaminants from forming inside the radiator. The entire cooling system is cleaned, lubricated, and replenished with fresh coolant. This service is recommended every 15,000 to 30,000 miles so if it’s been awhile since you had your cooling system checked, head down to Main Street Shell Service and let one of our ASE certified mechanics have a look. We provide radiator and cooling system services 6 days a week, Monday through Saturday. Give us a call at 347-0076.
Over time rust, scale and other harmful residues can build-up throughout your engines cooling system.
- Traditional methods of simply draining the radiator will not remove all of your old coolant or clean your system
- Used fluid and residue left in your radiator will contaminate new coolant and eventually cause clogging and overheating that will decrease the life of your radiator
A coolant flush will:
- Conduct a complete fluid exchange
- Restore cooling system efficiency
- Prevent rust and corrosion
- Extend radiator and cooling system life
- Maintain an efficient cooling system and extend the life of your radiator
- Reduce harmful deposits from forming and help prevent clogging and overheating
- Restore the cooling system so that it operates effectively and will better protect your vehicles engine
Main Street Shell Service welcomes the feedback of our valued customers. Please free to leave feedback or read other customer reviews by clicking on any of the following links: